1. The Feis Committee reserves to itself the right to cancel competitions or to withhold prizes.
2. The Committee reserves to itself the right to accept or reject entries. Where the Committee feels that the number of entries is rather large, it reserves the right to sub-divide a competition. Competitors must compete in the competition section on the day and at the time allocated to them on their Competitor’s Ticket.
3. Only one prize will be awarded where there are no more than three competitors; for two prizes to be awarded there must be at least four competitors; and for three prizes, a minimum of six. In Cup competitions for groups, the Committee regrets that medals cannot be awarded.
4. An official accompanist will be provided by the Committee for the Vocal Music section, excluding Choral Music Classes, competitors may bring their own accompanist if they wish. For Instrumental and Choral Music classes, competitors must state at the time of entry if they require the official accompanist. In all cases, a copy of own choice music for the accompanist is to be supplied one month in advance; otherwise, the official accompanist will not be provided.
5. In all cases of ‘own choice’ selection (other than Traditional), a copy of each piece must be provided for the Adjudicator (in staff notation) two weeks in advance. Pieces included in this year’s and last year’s syllabus may not be chosen.
6. When a particular edition of music is specified, the competitors will be judged according to that edition. Competitors may sing in a transposed key only with the permission of the Adjudicator. A transposed copy is to be supplied for the accompanist one month in advance.
7. Competitors must not present the same song, music or drama pieces for more than one competition during the Feis. Exception to the rule only where specifically stated in a competition.
8. In all cases of merit the Adjudicator’s decision shall be final; and in all cases of dispute or objection the decision of the Committee in consultation with the Adjudicator shall be final.
9. Any objection to an award must be lodged in writing, together with a deposit of £5.00 within 24 hours of the announcement of the result of the competition. The deposit shall be forfeited unless the objection can be upheld.
10. In competitions where an age limit is specified, competitors must have reached this age on or before 1st January immediately preceding the Féis and produce evidence if such is required.
11. Competitors must perform in the order in which their names appear in Leabhar na Feise; otherwise they may be liable for disqualification.
12. Challenge Cup or Shields may be retained by the holders until registration day of the following Feis when they must be delivered up to the Secretary.
13. Previous Cup winners are at liberty, if they so wish, to enter again for the same Challenge Cup competition.
14. Competitors must confine themselves to one age group and this must be consistent when competing in competitions which have double age groups i.e. 10-12 years etc. Competitors may only compete once in any competition. The only exception to this rule concerns the group work which may go up a year.
15. The Adjudicators may not be approached by any person other than members of the Feis Committee.
16. Competitors should be available to perform on any day of the Feis week. Because of the scale of the Feis and attendant organisation requirements, the scheduling of a competition for a particular day cannot be guaranteed. Should a competitor or group be unable to take part in an event for which they have entered, they are asked to inform the Secretary in advance, to avoid gaps in the programme of performances and consequent inconvenience to Adjudicators, audience, and organisers. Fees are non-returnable.
17. Use of Audio Recording, Video, Photography and Mobile Telephone is not permitted in the Competition Halls.
18. Bursary cheques will no longer be payable during Feis week but will be posted to the teacher or school of the recipient's choice. Please contact the Feis office during Feis week if you are a winner of a bursary.
FEIS ENTRIES 2024
You now have two ways in which to enter for competitions, either online or paper-based.
19. Online applications
|For Individual / Family entries|
From the website, you can register an account and after completing your details, you can then select the competition(s) that you wish to enter
If you have more than one child entering, you can do multiple entries
Following the Closing Date and your registration has been confirmed, you will receive an email with details of your Competitor Number, Venue, Date and Time your competition will be held on
|v.||Once you have entered, you can now select the ‘Pay Online’ button which will take you to Worldpay's platform to pay by debit or credit card|
|vi.||Unfortunately if you are unable to participate in your elective competition(s), we cannot offer a refund. This policy is in accordance with the statutory rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations.|
|For School entries|
Schools can also register their details using their email and selecting their own password.
Paper entry forms may still be used and are available to download from the Home page of the website
When completed, please send your application form by email to the Feis Registrar at email@example.com If you would prefer to post or hand deliver your completed application form along with the fees due, please see below for details
Following the Closing Date and your registration has been confirmed, you will receive an email with details of your Competitor Number, Venue, Date and Time your competition will be held on. This will also advise you how much is owing and you will be asked to pay in full either by:
|v.||Unfortunately if you are unable to participate in your elective competition(s), we cannot offer a refund. This policy is in accordance with the statutory rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations.|
• Cheque made payable to Feis Dhoire Cholmcille along with a copy of your application form and addressed to The Feis Registrar, 16 The Meadows, Derry BT48 8RJ Northern Ireland or
• with a cheque or cash along with a copy of your application form and hand this in addressed to The Feis Registrar, The Playhouse, Artillery Street, Derry BT48 8RG. The Playhouse will be open to the public for receipt of entries at the following times:-
Saturday (Date to be Confirmed) 2024 10.00am-12.00pm and 2.00pm-5.00pm
If you have any queries on any of the categories, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the respective Feis member listed under Contact Details
ENTRIES RECEIVED AFTER SATURDAY(TO BE CONFIRMED) WILL BE SUBJECT TO A LATE FEE. Late entries will be accepted but only if the Feis can accommodate the competition.
To counteract the possibility of mistakes having been made, competitors are advised to keep a copy of their Entry Form. Allowance for genuine mistakes will be made for one fortnight only from the close of entries. Where entries are made in bulk by schools etc., it is the responsibility of the individual competitors or their parents to ensure that the entries are correct.