Speech and DramaSpecial awards in this section:
The James Duffy Cup, for the highest mark in Group Drama
The Tommy McElhinney Cup, for the best in Choral Verse
The Tommy Carr Cup, for the school attaining the highest number of points as per the Samuel Burke Award
The Veritas Trophy, to be presented to the competitor who in the adjudicator’s opinion gave the best Bible Reading interpretation. (Comp: 241-242 only)
The Detta Toland Trophy, for the best performance in Group Mime or Dance Drama.
The Maureen Downey Cup and City of Culture 2013 Bursary - A Bursary of £500 will be awarded at this year’s Feis to the winner of the Maureen Downey Cup. Bursary money must be used for application to a drama course or for tuition, evidence of which may be requested by the Feis committee. Also see changes to this competition. Competitions time limits will be adhered to and penalties made if time exceeded. Prompting or coaching is not permitted by anyone other than the adjudicator or Feis Assistants and may lead to disqualification.
Please note: New Competition 246 - Storytelling on the theme of DERRY.
Competitions: 216-219 - age groups have changed
Copy of all poems/prose/original material must be given to adjudicators at least 2 weeks before the Feis.
Teachers are kindly requested to see that pupils keep to CORRECT AGE GROUPS
Queries on drama section to drama secretary Betty Gallagher 028-71346810All Teachers requiring a Pass will need to submit a
Passport Size Photograph with Entries.
There will be no Free Entry at this year's Feis without
Official Photographic I.D.
Speech and Drama Competitions ~ click a section to expand.
- 203 :: Boys' Verse Primary 3 or age 6-7
- 205 :: Boys' Verse Primary 4 or age 7-8
- 207 :: Boys' Verse Primary 5 or age 8-9
- 209 :: Boys' Verse Primary 6 or age 9-10
- 211 :: Boys Verse P7 Boys Verse - age 10 & under 11yrs
- 212 :: Young People's Verse Age 11 & Under 12yrs
- 213 :: Young People's Verse Age 12 & under 13yrs
- 214 :: Young People's Verse - Age 13 & under 14yrs
- 215 :: Young People's Verse Age 14 & under 15yrs
- 216 :: The Junior Repertoire - Tower Hotel Cup & Bursary Age 13 & under 15yrs
- 217 :: Senior Poetry Recital - Seamus Heaney Cup & Bursary Age 15yrs & over
- 218 :: Yeats Competition - The Yeats Cup Age 15yrs & over
- 219 :: Senior Repertoire - W. Conaghan Shield/Bursary Age 15 yrs & Over
- 220 :: Original Poetry At least 5 & under 11yrs
- 221 :: Original Poetry - George Hamill Cup Age 11 & under 14 yrs
- 222 :: Original Poetry Age 14yrs & over
- 223 :: Choral Verse - Springfield H. W. Co. Ltd. Cup Primary Schools
- 224 :: Choral Verse - Marian Fleming Cup Post Primary Schools
- 229 :: Studied Prose Primary 7 or Age 10-11
- 230 :: Studied Prose Age 11 & under 12yrs
- 231 :: Studied Prose Age 12 & under 13yrs
- 232 :: Studied Prose - The Mayor's Trophy Age 13 & under 14yrs
- 233 :: Studied Prose Age 14 & under 15yrs
- 234 :: Studied Prose Age 15yrs & over
- 235 :: Sight Test 10 & Under 12yrs
- 236 :: Sight Test 12 & under 14yrs
- 237 :: Sight Test age 14yrs & over
- 238 :: Public Speaking - The Feis Cup & Bursary Age 10 & under 14yrs
- 239 :: Public Speaking - The Conaghan Cup & Bursary Age Over 14yrs
- 240 :: Prepared Bible Reading (Own Choice) - Junior Age 8 & under 10yrs
- 241 :: Prepared Bible Reading (Own Choice) - Intermediate Age 10 & under 14yrs
- 242 :: Prepared Bible Reading (Own Choice) - Senior Age 14yrs & over
- 243 :: Junior Character Study - Small McElhinney Shield Age 10 & under 12yrs
- 245 :: Senior Character Study - Eithne McCloskey Shield Age 14yrs & over
- 247 :: Solo Mime Open
- 248 :: Group Mime - Feis Cup Open
- 249 :: Dance Drama - Feis Cup Open
- 250 :: Group Drama - Feis Cup Primary Schools or Age under 11yrs
- 251 :: Group Drama - Feis Cup Post Primary Schools or age over 11yrs