Special AwardsSENIOR DANCER CITY OF CULTURE 2013 BURSARY
A Bursary of £500 will be awarded at this year’s Féis to a senior dancer competing in the senior competitions over 16 years. The award will be allocated on a Points system according to the Samuel Burke Award:
1. 1st Prize counts for 10 marks for solo competitions and 7 points for team competitions.
2. 2nd Prize counts for 5 marks for solo competitions and 3 points for team competitions.
3. 3rd Prize counts for 3 marks for solo competitions and 2 points for team competitions.
•All candidates must have competed in the Solo competitions to be eligible. All solo competitions with the exception of the Slip Jig will be awarded points
•All bursaries must be used for tuition or to support major competitions. Evidence of expenses incurred may be asked for by the committee before reimbursement.
•All bursary cheques will only be issued in the name of the tutor or school to which the competitor is associated. Cheques cannot be issued in the name of the competitor except in unusual circumstances.
•Previous recipients of the bursary will not be eligible again.
•The decision of the Féis committee in the award of the bursary will be final.
THE MAUREEN DOWNEY CUP AND CITY OF CULTURE 2013 BURSARY
A bursary of £500 will be awarded at this year’s Feis to the winner of the Maureen Downey Cup. •The bursary must be used for application to a drama course or for tuition or to support a major competition. •Evidence of expenses incurred may be asked for by the committee before reimbursement •Previous recipients of the bursary will not be eligible again •The decision of the Feis committee in the award of the bursary will be final.
THE SIEBAL SHARKEY AWARD
THE SIEBEAL SHARKEY BURSARIES OF UP TO £1,000 will be awarded at this year’s Féis at the discretion of the Féis Committee, subject to the following conditions.
1. The competitors must be aged 17 years or over on or before the 1st January immediately preceding the Féis. Proof of age will be necessary.
2. The competitors must be principally resident in County Derry, Tyrone or Donegal.
3. The competitors will be nominated by the Adjudicators or the Committee in one of the following sections - Instrumental Music, Vocal Music, Speech and Drama - as one who has outstanding potential and who would benefit from advanced tuition in their chosen speciality. In the Instrumental Music section he/she must be a competitor in a repertoire competition and two other solo competitions. In the Vocal Music section he/she must be a competitor in the Danny Casey Cup (Operatic Solo), the Father McGettigan Cup (Irish Song) and the Dana Cup (Repertoire). In the Speech and Drama section he/she must be a competitor in three of the following competitions the Repertoire, Character Study, Studied Prose and Sight Reading.
4. All candidates nominated will be asked to make an application to the Féis Committee providing evidence for expenses and how the Bursary will be best used to further their career in the discipline they have chosen. Evidence of payment of expenses may be needed by the Féis Committee before reimbursements.
5. The decision of the Féis Committee in the award of the Bursaries will be final.
6. Previous recipients of the Siebeal Sharkey Bursary will not be eligible again.
7. All Bursary cheques will have to be issued in the name of the tutor or school to which the candidate stipulates. Cheques cannot be issued in the name of a candidate.
Special Awards Competitions ~ click a section to expand.
- 1001 :: James Duffy Cup
- 1002 :: Tommy McElhinney Cup
- 1003 :: Tommy Carr Cup
- 1004 :: Delta Toland Trophy
- 1005 :: Veritas Trophy
- 1006 :: W. J. Fleming Cup
- 1007 :: Bridget Cassidy Cup
- 1008 :: Don MacCafferty Cup
- 1009 :: William Campbell Shield
- 1010 :: W.H. West Memorial Cup
- 1011 :: Joseph Locke Cup - Best Male Voice
- 1012 :: Michael Mason Cup
- 1013 :: Cissie Parlour Cup
- 1014 :: Frand Roddy Shield
- 1015 :: James Doherty Cup
- 1016 :: Sammy Burke Cup
- 1017 :: Edward Henry O'Doherty Shield
- 1018 :: Bishop's Shield
- 1019 :: Susan Brown Cup
- 1020 :: Fr Aidan Porter Cup
- 1021 :: Pat Rice Cup
- 1022 :: A.O.H Cup
- 1023 :: THE SIBEAL SHARKEY AWARD
- 1024 :: SENIOR DANCER BURSARY
- 1025 :: THE MAUREEN DOWNEY CUP AND BURSARY
- 1026 :: Fr. John O'Doherty